Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bread

Proving


The recipe I use for my bread and my bread rolls are the same, i usually do one batch of each everyday.
I have experimented with spelt flour a little but as this is not always readily available in my town (not that i have tried very hard to source it) I tend to stick with bakers flour.

Ingredients:
300grams lukewarm water
15g yeast
440g bakers flour
20g oil (I use canola)
pinch of salt

I also add about 50 grams of flaxseed meal for taste and nutritional benefits.

Put all ingredients into thermo bowl, combine on speed 7 for 5 seconds, then need on interval speed for 1minute 30 seconds.
Tip out into a oiled bowl and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
Place in a cold oven and bake at 200'c for 25 mins (180 for fan forced)


You can either cook this as a loaf or as a few rolls, if doing rolls just shape and put on a baking tray, sprinkle with a little water for added crunch. (they will probably only need 20 mins as rolls)

I find that even though it tastes best cut straight out of the oven you should never cut bread while its hot, as it will lose a lot of its moisture. :( I rarely resist though lol

I havent actually checked if flaxmeal is failsafe, but the rest of the ingredients are fine for failsafe bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment