Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tortillas for tea

So tonight I am doing a twist on the 'soft' tacos they sell in the supermarkets.
I am making my thermo chilli con carne, and then serving it in a home made tortilla with lettuce, cheese and tomato with lashings of salsa :)

So for the toritllas I did this:

320grams plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
180 grams/mls warm water

Throw it all in the TM bowl, mix for 10 secs to combine, then knead for 3 minutes.

Rest the dough for 5 - 10 minutes.
Roll out as thin as you can in any old shape (circular is the aim here lol)


Then just cook in a hot pan, one side until it puffs up and then flip and cook for a few seconds on the second side.

Done. :)

I will add the chili later :)


No comments:

Post a Comment